The Beagle is one of the most famous dog breeds, and it’s no wonder why. Beagles are a great fit for all households due to their friendly and loyal personalities. In addition, beagles are relatively low maintenance, making them an ideal breed for first-time pet owners.
In this blog, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Beagles – from their history and traits to tips on caring and Beagle Dog Prices in India.
History And Origin Of Beagle Dog
The Beagle is a small to medium-sized hound breed originally developed for hunting small game, such as rabbits and hares. The breed is believed to have originated in England and has a long history dating back to the Roman Empire.
The modern Beagle was developed in the 19th century, but the breed’s ancestry can be traced much further. Some experts believe that the Beagle is descended from ancient Greek hounds, which were used for hunting and kept by the Aristocracy. Others believe that the Beagle’s ancestors were the Talbot hounds used for hunting in medieval England.
The Beagle was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) in 1885 and has since become a famous companion and show dog. Today, Beagles are known for their energetic and playful personalities and are beloved by many for their affectionate and loyal nature. They are also used as working dogs in various capacities, including search and rescue, tracking, and drug detection.
Beagle Price in India
The cost of a Beagle in India can vary depending on the abovementioned factors. Here are some general price ranges for Beagles in India:
- Puppies: Beagle puppies in India can cost anywhere from 15,000 to 50,000 rupees, depending on the breeder, bloodlines, and other factors.
- Adults: Adult Beagles in India may be less expensive than puppies, ranging from 10,000 to 40,000 rupees.
- Show dogs: Beagles bred for show competition may be more expensive, ranging from 25,000 to 75,000 rupees.
It is essential to remember that these are just rough estimates, and the actual price of a Beagle in India may vary widely depending on the specific dog and the seller. It is always a good idea to research and shop around before purchasing to ensure a fair price for a healthy, well-bred Beagle.
Various Factors That Affect the Price of Beagle Dog
The price of a Beagle dog can vary greatly depending on several factors. Here are some of the main factors that can affect the price of a Beagle:
- Breeders: The breeder you choose to buy your Beagle from can significantly impact the dog’s price. Reputable breeders who carefully breed for health, temperament, and conformation often charge more for their puppies than backyard breeders or puppy mills.
- Bloodlines: The bloodlines of a Beagle can also affect its price. Beagles with champion bloodlines, or who come from a long line of successful show dogs, may be more expensive than those with less impressive pedigrees.
- Location: The location where you live can also affect the price of a Beagle. Beagles may be more expensive in some areas due to higher demand or a limited supply.
- Age: The age of a Beagle can also impact its price. Puppies are usually more expensive than older dogs, requiring more time, attention, and resources to raise.
- Size: The size of a Beagle can also affect its price. Miniature Beagles may be more expensive than standard-sized Beagles due to the extra care and attention needed to breed and raise them.
- Color: The color of a Beagle’s coat can also play a role in its price. Some color variations, such as lemon or red, may be rare and, therefore, more expensive.
- Health: Beagles with excellent health and good genetics may be more expensive than those with health issues or a family history of certain conditions.
- Training and socialization: Beagles that have received professional training and socialization may be more expensive than those that have yet to. This is because trained and socialized dogs are often easier to care for and can be more enjoyable to live with.
Here are some tips for training a Beagle:
Start training early:
It is essential to start training your Beagle as early as feasible. It will help your dog learn good habits, making training more effortless in the long run.
Use positive reinforcement:
Beagles react well to positive reinforcement, so it is essential to use praise, treats, and other rewards to promote good behavior. Avoid physical force or punishment, as this can make the dog anxious or fearful.
Beagles can be curious and energetic, so setting clear boundaries and rules for your dog is essential. It will help your dog understand what is good for them and improve the training process.
Use consistent commands:
It is essential to use consistent commands when training your Beagle. Pick a phrase or word for each behavior you like to teach your dog, and use them every time you give a command. It will help your dog understand what you like them to do.
Training must be a routine for your Beagle. Practice training sessions a few weekly to reinforce good behaviors and habits.
Seek professional help:
If you have an issue training your Beagle or are not seeing the results, consider a professional dog trainer’s help. They can give guidance and support to train your Beagle.
Beagle dog Care Tips
Beagles are playful, energetic, and friendly dogs that need regular exercise and mental stimulation. Here are some top tips for caring for your Beagle:
- Give regular exercise: Beagles require at least 30 minutes of daily exercise to stay happy and healthy. This include runs, walks, or playtime in a safe, fenced-in area.
- Keep them mentally stimulation: Beagles are smart dogs and need mental stimulation to control boredom and bad behavior. Give toys and games that challenge their senses and mind, like interactive games or puzzle toys.
- Socialize your Beagle: Beagles are sociable dogs and benefit from regular socialization and relations with other people and dogs. Introduce your Beagle to new environments and people calmly and positively to help them develop social skills and confidence.
- Grooming: Beagles have smooth, short coats that need minimal grooming. Regular bathing and brushing can help keep their coat healthy and free of messes and mats.
- Vet care: Beagles should have routine vet check-ups and preventative care to ensure they are fit and free from potential health problems. Keep their preventative treatments and vaccinations up to date, and consult your vet if you have any problems with your Beagle’s behavior and health.
Beagle dog Lifespan
The average lifespan of a Beagle is between 10 and 15 years. However, with proper care and routine vet check-ups, Beagles can live a long and healthy life.
Factors affecting a Beagle’s lifespan include genetics, exercise, diet, overall health, and wellness. Giving your Beagle dog a healthy diet and preventive care can help ensure they live a long and healthy life.
Do Beagles bark a lot?
Beagles are known for their unique howl, usually compared to a barking or baying sound. While they make noise, Beagles are not generally known for excessive barking. Beagles can learn to control their barking with proper training and socialization. Mental stimulation and regular exercise can also help prevent excessive barking.
Is A Beagle a good family dog?
Yes, Beagles are good family dogs. They are sociable, friendly, and playful and get along well with kids and other pets. Beagles are also smart and curious, requiring routine exercise and mental stimulation to stay healthy and happy. Overall, Beagles make great friends and family pets.
Do Beagles like to cuddle?
Beagles are loving dogs that enjoy cuddling with their loved ones and owners. They are loyal companions that thrive on attention and human relations. Beagles are also energetic and playful, and they enjoy spending time with their families and participating in activities like going for walks or playing fetch.
Various factors, including the breeder, bloodlines, location, age, size, color, health, training, and socialization, can influence the cost of a Beagle.
Therefore, it is important to consider these factors when looking for a Beagle. Moreover, research and choose a reputed breeder to ensure you get a high-quality, well-cared-for Beagle.